Thu Hien . Nguyen
Education and Degrees
2018 – M.Sc. in Math. (with Honours) – V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University.
2018 – present – Postgraduate student under the supervision of Prof. Anna Vishnyakova. Thesis topic: "The entire functions from the Laguerre-Pólya class and special operators which preserve this class."
2018 – present – Teaching assistant at the Department of Fundamental Mathematics of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University.
Complex analysis; special classes of entire functions: growth estimates and distribution of zeros; polynomials: location of zeros.
My profile on Researchgate:
My profile on Google Scholar:
1. Thu Hien Nguyen and Anna Vishnyakova, On the entire functions from the Laguerre-P\'olya class having the decreasing second quotients of Taylor coefficients, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 465 (1), 2018, pp 348–358, doi:10.1016/j.jmaa.2018.05.018. (https://www.scopus.com/record/display.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85047101932&origin=inward&txGid=f64b623c7e36a6ee4523e97ce153d1ea) (Quartile Q2).
2. Thu Hien Nguyen and Anna Vishnyakova, On a necessary condition for an entire function with the increasing second quotients of Taylor coefficients to belong to the Laguerre-Pólya class, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 480 (2), 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2019.123433 (Quartile Q2)
3. Thu Hien Nguyen and Anna Vishnyakova, On the closest to zero roots and the second quotients of Taylor coefficients of entire functions from the Laguerre-P\'olya I class, Results in Mathematics, 75, 115 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00025-020-01245-w (Quartile Q2).
4. Thu Hien Nguyen, On the conditions for a special entire function related to the partial theta-function and the q-Kummer functions to belong to the Laguerre-P\'olya class, submitted to Computational Methods and Functional Theory.
5. Thu Hien Nguyen and Anna Vishnyakova, On the entire functions from the Laguerre--P\'olya I class having the increasing second quotients of Taylor coefficients, submitted to Bulletin des Sciences Mathematiques.
Participation in Conferences
February 2020: Ukrainian Conference “Modern Problems of Probability Theory and Mathematical Analysis”, Vorokhta, Ukraine.
October 2019: International Conference “Infinite Dimensional Analysis and Topology” dedicated to the 70th anniversary of Professor Oleh Lopushansky, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.
August 2019: XIV Summer School “Analysis, Topology, Algebra and Applications”, Pidzakharychi village, Chernivtsi region, Ukraine.
June 2019: International Conference dedicated to 70th anniversary of professor A. Plichko “Banach Spaces and their Applications”, Lviv, Ukraine.
February 2019: Ukrainian Conference “Modern Problems of Probability Theory and Mathematical Analysis”, Vorokhta, Ukraine.
June 2018: VI International Conference “Analysis and Mathematical Physics” dedicated to the centennial anniversary of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the 50th anniversary of the Department of Function Theory, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
March 2018: XIII International Scientific Conference for Young Scientists “Modern Problems of Mathematics and its Application in Natural Sciences and Information Technologies”, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
September 2017: International Conference in Functional Analysis dedicated to the 125th anniversary of Stefan Banach, Lviv, Ukraine.
October 2015 – June 2016: V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Biostatistics and SAS Programming Course (certificate), Kharkiv, Ukraine.
1 – 06 February 2016: V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Karazin Winter School on Data Analysis (certificate), Kharkiv, Ukraine.
February 2014: III International Student Science Conference “Academic and Scientific Challenges of Diverse Fields of Knowledge in the 21st Century” (the 1st grade certificate), Kharkiv, Ukraine.
Scholarships and Grants
2019 – Akhiezer Foundation Scholarship.
2018 – 2020 – Ukrainian Ministry of Science and Education Research Program 0118U002036.